The property market has begun to appreciate that the value of real estate may be less to do with bricks and mortar and more about the value it brings to the occupier. That’s quite a headache for the traditional valuer but it is entirely consistent with the line that property is there to support the underlying business.
So, it is not surprising that an enormous amount of time and effort today is going into aligning the working environment with the needs of the occupier. And the business case for creating a supportive environment has never been easier to make.
realestateworks can provide:
- Analysis of existing working environments
- Online or face to face engagement with occupiers
- Space utilisation surveys – low tech walk around or high tech remote monitoring
- Monitoring of space using latest sensors that capture utilisation but also air quality, noise and temperature
- Building the case for change
- Strategies to improve user satisfaction with space and efficiency
Southend BC, Shropshire Council, RICS.
“Brian teamed up with HLM Architects to carry out a space utilisation survey of our headquarters building. The data gathered provided an excellent evidence base to revisit how we (and our elected Members) use space – and how we might free up space for commercial uses including new revenue streams from our public sector partners. The team developed practical quick wins to showcase our new approach to space management.”